Note: This is an overlay script, so things may break if Digikey’s layout changes drastically. In that case, disable the script if it’s really bad from Tools|Greasemonkey|Mange User Scripts… .
I am amenable to adding more functionality if you ask nicely.
As of 2007.07.13
- Fixed for changes to Digikey interface
- In stock/ROHS/etc options are folded to one line to improve space
As of 2007.06.30
- These update ideas come from Dave M
- To access these functions, right click the Greasemonkey taskbar icon, and look under User Script Commands
- Ability to reduce layout size
- Ability to move price to the 4th column
As of 2007.06.28
- Catalog link on first page goes to a category listing of items in stock
- All search boxes (top of page and front page) that didn’t have a “in stock only” check box now have them
- Adds ability to sort by price. The sorting is smart, and will take into account the cost as the minimum number you have to buy to get a price. This will generally move the spools of 5000 to the bottom. Only sorts the current page, lowest first (since I don’t think anyone is dying to pay the highest price possible).
- Generally, use of better font.
- Non-underlined links and fewer table border for a cleaner look
- Zebra striped tables with colored header and mouse tracking
- The manufacturer’s part number now links to the datasheet page in any, so you don’t have to mouse over and click the tiny link. As a bonus, things without links in that column do not have a datasheet, and it’s pretty obvious.
- Make sure your Firefox is recent (before 1.5 is ancient at this point)
- Make sure you have Greasemonkey, and that’s recent
- Click on the download link
- Greasemonkey will pop up a dialog asking to install or view. You’re welcome to do either.
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.